——— October 2019 ———-
1. When a customer did not pay yet, the open amount is back in the daily schedule (yeahh!)
2. When a course is not paid, not planned, the customer could not see availability in his account. This is added.
3. The difference on bookers and participants is made more clear through the whole system
4. Category filters are added in reports
5. BOOM – instructors notifications are added!
5.1 Settings that were added
Go to settings – planning. The option ‘instructor approval notification’ is added. Choose from:
- E-mail only
- Prefer SMS, e-mail is phone number is empty
- Email and SMS
5.2 Explanation on how it works
When approving and rejecting a course, a check mark is added to send a notification to the instructor. This works independently of the choice whether or not to send mail to the students.
When approving, an e-mail is sent with the first approved course. When cancelling, an e-mail is sent after the last cancelled course (when there are no remaining courses). In the event of changes in time and location, the mark will be removed and the instructor can be sent again via approval. After sending the message, a green check mark appears next to the instructor’s name in the daily overview.
——— September 2019 ———-
1. Payment reminder email: the open amount will be shown in stead of the full amount. This is for centers using deposits.
2. The option to delete a booking is added to the booking. It will only show if the payment is not made, and all the courses are not scheduled.
3. When sending out a notification email, it will show in the daily schedule.
4. The blocking function from the daily schedule will always make an extra rule in product availability. Even for tomorrow.
——— August 2019 ———-
When making a new booking from the planner or admin, the ‘send booking confirmation’ checkbox will automatically be set to ‘YES’ from now on.
1. If you work with 1 location, the agenda is open by default.
2. In the booking reports, the expiration date is added to the export + an extra filter is made.
3. On the booking confirmation to the center, the 1st date picked is added (when provided).
——— July 2019 ———-
1. The option for the instructor to take payments is added
2. The option for the instructor to set the waiver to signed is added
3. In the options, under planning, the option to turn these settings on or off is added
1. From now on, the extra development will be seen directly in your VIKING dashboard
——— June 2019 ———-
Bugfixes after the biggest update ever:
1. The booking form had glitches on some Ipads, this is fixed
2. New bookings will be seen first in booking lists
3. A pay back method is added to the admins
4. In the planner accounts, you could not click the price. This is fixed
5. Lots of minor fixes & updates under the hood
——— May 2019 ———-
1. An option to make each product bookable until X hours / days before course starts
2. Course name button is added to the products
1. Lots of updates under the hood
1st April 2019
Direct payment link is added to the payment reminder e-mail template.
which gives a button in the e-mail that goes directly to the payment page (from the PSP, or credit card / stripe page on Viking). You will also receive a short message here if the booking has already been paid and about the payment status, with a button below to log in and go to your booking.
Other new updates:
- “Allow instructor to unset availability” option is added in settings –> planning. Here you can choose how long from now the instructor is allowed to delete availability in his account.
- Booking forms can easily be duplicated
- Age, date of birth and weight are added to exports
- You can change questions and answers for the exports in the booking page (click on the messages), and then the CSV’s wil show the changes.
- In the reports page, you can now see if guests paid a deposit
- In some cases, the booking form was ‘jumping’, this is fixed
- Booking scope in the booking form is now shown between the students information and calendar
1st February 2019
Availability Scheduler for tide-based products
Specifically developed for lessons with strongly fluctuating start times every day, the new scheduler allows you to easily set product availability timeslots in a calendar overview.
- Simulate tide tables in your available time slots
- Works in conjunction with the normal ‘availability rules’
Possibility to move calendar in booking form
You can now change the position of the calendar in the booking form. There are these options now in your booking forms:
- Do not show
- Show calendar before personal information
- Show calendar after personal information
- Show list before personal information
- Show list after personal information
Added: payable hours to instructors account
The instructor can now see all the lessons he has taught in the past.
HTML Style location description
You can now style the location description in these ways:
- Add a link
- Make bold, italic, or underlined.
Added: allow rescheduling for student per product
You can set the rescheduling for the guest account now per product. So for instance, a student can reschedule his class up to 2 days prior to his class, and a camp is not to be rescheduled for the student. (you can find this in products – select product – allow rescheduling).
Added: internal name for products
To make the system setup more clear, it is now possible to add an ‘internal name’ for the products. The regular name still shows in booking forms.
Overruling for the planner
A planner can now overrule any (lack of) availability with the checkbox ‘ignore max capacity’ after clicking on ‘schedule’ in the booking. For easier planning!
Present box in daily overview for repeated bookings
When a booking repeats itself automatically upon scheduling, the ‘present’ box in the daily overview will now work for the full amount of days / slots scheduled. You can still deselect 1 day. This will work better for camps and multiple day rentals.
- List view now only shows available slots.
- A client can pay online for past lessons (after he had his lesson) – not recommended!
- The option to add your own url after booking is deleted – for users who are using this, it will still work.
- Booking forms now have standard values
- When changing courses and keeping the instructor, all the data was lost. This is now fixed.
- Optional booking form fields to additional students, are now really optional (stayed, in some cases, on required before)
- The newsletter checkbox is not shown when Mailchimp is not connected
- In certain repetition settings, the daily overview did not sort the students correct under the products. This is fixed.
1st October 2018
A lot of new options in booking forms:
- Tracing source per booking form (to embed on other websites)
- Specify locations per booking form
- Have a booking form visible or not in the students accounts
- Add extra fields to the booking or the student in the booking form
- Easily add extra text
- For 1 day courses, the option to choose the number of days is taken out of the booking form
- Missing fields with product type is fixed
- Choosing dates in list view had a small bug, is fixed
1st September 2018
1. A lot of new options in product variants:
Go to products – select product – select variant. Here are the new options:
- The option to automatically book multiple-day courses on a daily or weekly repetition
- The option to have the variant bookable by 1. Only the admin 2. Only by existing users 3. By new users
- Payment required yes / no per variant
2. Making multiple booking forms
Click on ‘booking forms’ in the main menu. Click ‘create booking form’. The ‘form title’ is used in the user’s accounts. You can now make multiple forms for the student’s accounts.
What can you do with all these new options?
- Hide products for customers, to be bookable by admin only
- Get specific upsell booking forms with special discounted prices that you can combine with the automated upsell emails (!).
- Put in hire equipment for multiple days. VIKING can now calculate if you have enough availability over the week if you for eg have 40 freestyle sets and 20 race sets available per day.
- Put in your weekly repetition courses with groups that you want to keep together.
- Put in a ‘weekender course’
- And mucho more.. Be creative!
18th January 2018
Nothing has changed in the way it works for now. We updated the looks on desktop and mobile. Besides that, we made it future proof so that we can easily add extra functions.
- Minor fixes in payment settings
3rd January 2018
Drag and drop interface for daily planning
Finetuning the schedule for the next day? What took half an hour before now only takes minutes.
Option to let groups book just by themselves. No other students will automatically be added to the class.
Block course day
You can block the next day for your customers to book if you want to make the day schedule yourself. As well you can block a day in the future.
Keep track of which students signed the waiver. Make sure that there are no mistakes made.
Tracking of booking source
Always know where your bookings came from, even with third parties.
Exact online API – No more accounting!
Do you hate spending hours in accounting? With our Exact accounting API, VIKING will send every paid booking directly to your accounting software. Exact will automatically make invoices and put those automatically into your administration. You’ll always have, real-time, 100% insight into your operation. The cost of this API is a one-time investment of 900 Euros.
You can add rental products to the system now.
Book a course for someone else
In the student’s account, the student can now book for a family member, friend etc. directly in his account.
In settings set your correct timezone.
- American dollars
- Australian dollars
- South African Rand
- Pound sterling
More payment providers added
Your product availability, products, and settings got a complete makeover. Blocks are collapsible now and easy to shift around.
15th August 2017
Updating and renewing our servers – VIKING is now at least 30% quicker. Besides that, there is a big security improvement.
30th June 2017
Instructors, planners, and students can add messages to the student’s log
Everybody can keep track of the student’s learning curve better and it’s easier to select the right group per student.
When students start calling you in the daytime, and you don’t know if the lessons are on or not because of the weather, you can now easily send all the waiting students an email and a text saying the lessons are stand-by and they will be notified in X amount of time.
Did not pay and did not select a date email
If the student books, but doesn’t pay and don’t select any dates, the next dat an automated email will go out asking if we can help the student with planning.
Connect to Google, apple or Outlook calendar.
- Better day and week schedules for accounts who are not using instructors
- Better student experience in day schedules